Friday, March 4, 2011

Lior Manor

We will begin our investigation with a guy named Lior Manor? Yeah I know, I'd never heard of him either. Seems as though the guy work mostly trade shows? (Although it's debatable how much the guy is working these days at all.) In my opinion, the guy looks like some kind of Muppet with his flat face and big ears. More important is his act, which I have on good authority, is "one of the most boring things a person tries staying awake for." Now I don't have personal experience with that, as the review keeps my money in my pocket, and saves my time from being wasted by actually seeing this cure for insomnia. Hey but don't take my word for it, here he is using an Iphone app available to anybody with 5euros to prove his entertainment value. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-rBKr2lxI Notice how the robot says "why should I tell you what I'm thinking of if your the mind reader?" or something to that effect? WHY INDEED? No self respecting mentalist in my opinion, would ever use such an obvious trick in public. But when you consider Lior's products, you'll understand why he does.

Lior basically markets 3 items, Mobile Opener, A knights tour thing, and something he calls Invisible Touches. Starting with the latter first, invisible touches is nothing more than a repackaging of something that had been done for hundreads of years using horse hair. In the version Lior tries to take credit for, he uses something called "invisible thread loops" developed by one Yigal Mesika. All that Lior did, is to use the same hook up to "touch" the participants. Again nothing at all new in the field of mentalism, but hailed as some kind of Einstein like discovery. Please! This guy in my opinion, couldn't create his way out of a
paper bag let alone invent something truly stellar. He goes on to expose others work, such as, Banacheck, Patrick Kuff, Richard Osterlind and others as if he was responsible for their success somehow. Boy is this guy full of himself.

If that was all there was to show this guy for who he is It would be enough but examining his other products exposes more of this guys true intentions. Next is the the knights tour. This for those who don't know, is a demonstration of a so called "higher intelligence" that we mentalists are suppose to possess. Fact of the matter is it's a trick. I can't go into how it's done, as it is involved, but I will post some training and presentation material on it at the end of this post.

Finally and perhaps worst of all, is the mobile opener. This is basically just a flash program of the first effect I showed you. That's right a stage size, one out of five "prediction" that one must know the answer to, before reveling the chosen symbol. What a joke! Nothing in my opinion, could be further from psychic phenomenon than this. It would be laughable if not so tragic, that a so called "professional" would stoop to such obvious ridiculousness is without question in my opinion, the epitome of amateurism. If this guy stays performing he needs to get into comedy or something. Mentalism in my opinion is not his forte.

That concludes this first installment to the blog, but keep your eyes open for more, as some of the big names are next. Remember that all of what I post are my opinions. This entire blog is posted for entertainment proposes.